Friday, April 18, 2008

Meet Diger(?!?!)...

So today Holly and I were out shopping (Tomorrow night we are getting all dressed up and going to the Heartlight Gala! I'm sure I'll write more about that) and on our way home we started seeing signs for a garage sale in our neighborhood. I'm a sucker for a good garage sale so we thought we would stop and see what they had. It turns out that it was Arianne's sister-in-law Emily who was having the garage sale. We ended up stopping to chat with her. Long story short, someone had come by and left a puppy at their house. The lady rescues dogs on a regular basis and was looking for a home for this particular one. Emily thought about keeping the puppy herself but we're pretty sure it is part pit bull and she didn't think it was a wise dog choice with two small children at home. Once that decision was made we decided we would take him home with us. We have been thinking about getting a dog for some time now and this seemed like the perfect opperunity!


So we now have a new addition to our household, and he is SO stinkin' cute! Were not sure how old he is, but I think pretty young. He is white with beautiful brown markings. The markings are brindle tiger stripped,and he has the cutest gray eyes. He is so cute and I just love him already! We think he has been in a fight recently as he has some sore under his arms, but they seem to be healing. We are thinking Diger for a name but we haven't come to a final decision. I'm sure that I will have plenty of fun stories for you as he continues to grow

2 comments:

EWH said...

Ooooohhh! He is SO cute. I'm so glad I get to meet him!

Dogs live to like 10! Who will take him when you all move out???

Jen said...

We're still not sure exactly...it's between Maranda and I (I'll fighr for custody!) And a little update on his name... Meet Thug!