Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some things change...

Tonight I paid $2.95 for a gallon of gas! I once thought that I would never see it below $3.00 again. I am sure that the prices will not stay this low but I was very excited to see $2.95 on the gas sign! Gas prices seem to be a picture of my life, always changing and unpredictable!

I made pumpkin muffins yesterday which meant pulling out the old journals to find the one with the recipe in it. As I was going through my journals I found some very interesting things. I found a letter I had written to my mom about a month before the last time I went home. It was interesting to see the things I had asked of her and my desires for my trip home and then to read later about how that trip actually went. It was fun to read about how God had answered (or not answered) my prayers. It was fun to read about the different relationships that have been a part of my life over the years. It was interesting to see that some of the things I struggle with today are the same things I struggled with three, four, five years ago (will I ever defeat these things?!?!).

Journaling is such a release for me, and I love to be able to go back and see where I have come over the years! One thing I am very thankful at this point in life is that my life is not constantly changing. I've lived in the same house for more than a year now (which is the first time in 11 years!) I have no plans to move anywhere for at least another year and half. I know that I will be in school for the next 19 months. Once this season of school is over I know that there will be life change once again with hopefully the beginning of a new job. And let's be honest I would REALLY be ok with a life change that involved a diamond ring and an amazing man! But I will say, I am content with the fact that my life is a little stable right now!

1 comment:

EWH said...

I was surprised to see it dip below $3, too! I didn't think I'd ever see it.