Monday, October 20, 2008

The Secret Life...

On Friday night I saw the movie The Secret Life of Bees it was such a good movie! I left the theater with tear streak cheeks and many thoughts swirling around in my head. I highly recommend you go see this movie although I am sure it will not effect you as it did me. See the lead character Lilly (Dokata Fanning) and I have a lot in common. At one point Lilly is crying and says something along the lines of Why do neither my parents love me? Why didn't either of my parents want me? These questions resonated in my heart, because I have asked them a number of times myself.

I feel as though I am in one of the best spots I have ever been and therefore this did not rock my world as it may have a few years back. I am at a point that I can look at my life and my experiences and see God's glory in the midst of the pain. I have been able to see how God has pursued my heart over the years. And how out of that I have learned how to love. I have realized that there are some things in my life that I keep secret. Things from my past that I have thought haven't effected my life, but I was obviously wrong. Issues from these things continue to arise and I've realized that I need to finally reveal the secrets and begin the healing process once and for all. I'm so excited about where the Lord has me right now and as hard as I know these next weeks, months and possibly years are going to be, I'm excited to see the victory on the other side of this!

2 comments:

EWH said...

I've heard raves about the book for years, so it's nice to hear the movie is as good!

I'm glad you're sure in your path and confident in your future, friend. Love to you always.

Molly said...

I read the book and thought it was OK--I bet the movie is better though, which is an odd thing for me to say!

It's good that you are in a good place too... I think you've got to remember also, how your surrogate family rocks. I've got an "adopted" sister too, and I know you know how absolutely wonderful that is.

xo