Wednesday, September 14, 2011

45 days later....

Well it's been awhile, 45 days infact since I last wrote.  Life has been CRAZY!  But in the midst of that has been really good.  I'll give y'all some of the highs and lows of the last 45 days...
HIGH: August 5th was my first day "offically" in my new position at work.  I even have a name plate outside my door  Jennifer Smith, LMSW MCOT Team Leader  It's been a good transition.  I have been learning more and more about what type of supervisor I desire to be (and not to be).  I've really enjoyed having a team and running the program! LOW: Within my first two weeks I had to fire someone, welcome to the world of being a supervisor!


HIGH: I was able to spend a long weekend in Minnesota with my best friend Emily and her family.  I was able to meet my sweet little Olivia and just had a great relaxing time with people so dear to my heart! We spent time at the house playing, went on a boat ride down the Mississippi and went to a Twins game! LOW: I sprained my ankle the day before I left for Minnesota.  I had to keep my foot wrapped and was on pain meds the entire time I was in Minnesota.


HIGH: The book THE HELP, I spent a good amount of time on my trip to Minnesota reading and read the book THE HELP.  It was such a good book.  I have always enjoyed reading and sadly have not had much time over the past few years to read for fun.  This was a great book!  I highly recommend it! LOW: The fact that you just cannot put all the information of a book into a movie.  The day I finished the book I went and saw the movie THE HELP.  It was a good movie but there was so much good stuff left out!  


HIGH: The changing of seasons!  It is official... 2011 has been the hottest summer in the history of Texas!  We have had 70 days that have reached over 100 degrees!  I am so glad for cooler weather and long for fall to get here!  We have gotten glimpses of temps under 100 and I'm so excited for more!  LOW: With the changes in the weather and it being SO dry out, my allergies have kicked in high gear.  My eyes are watery and itchy and my throat has gone from scratchy to almost unbearable!  I have not been able to swallow with any amount of comfort for 4 days now!


HIGH:  It's Football Season!!!!  LOW: I can't think of a low about it being Football season!  :-)


So anyhow that is about it!  Not to much has gone on because I've been so busy at work.  Things are finally settling down and I am finding that I have more time which is great.  I have time to do fun things like read, take Daisy to the dog park and maybe even go on a date!   Hopefully you will hear from me again before another 45 days goes by...

No comments: