Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blog challenge 2014

I have wanted to start blogging more and so I decided to give myself a jump start with a 31 blog challenge. My goal is to blog every day of January. So here we go..,

Day #1 Write the story of your life in 250 words or less (this is gonna be hard!) and a current picture

Born in Minnesota, grew up both there and Florida. Was introduced to Jesus when I was 11 which has directed the rested of my life. Graduated high school in Vero Beach. Tried out a few colleges spending most of my undergrad years at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Involved with CRU, traveled to Brazil which gave me a heart for the nations. Moved to Texas, lived with 8 teenage girls and learned that The Lord wanted to use my story to bless His name. Spent 18 months at Heartlight. Moved back to Minnesota. Joined staff with CRU. Left staff. Moved back to Texas. Got bachelor and masters degrees in social work. Got an amazing job I love. Trying to live my life to honor The Lord. Am blessed to be able to walk alongside people who are struggling and have amazing people in my life who love me well!

I am now 32 years old and life is great! It sure doesn't look anything like what I thought it would at 32 though.  I'm Assistant Director of Crisis Services for a mental health agency, I oversee seven 24 hour crisis programs.  I've lived in Fort Worth for almost 7 years and love it. I have 2 sweet dogs (Daisy & Bella) My love language is Quality Time and I love doing crafty things, playing board games, reading a good book and traveling!

I'm guessing if you don't know me you will get to know me well over the next 30 days! Here is a picture my dear friend Marti Aiken took!

No comments: