Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Back...

So I thought I would write a little update about the whole back situation. It's been about 6 weeks now since I injured my back at work. They had first said that it was a sprain and would heal in a few weeks. Well now six weeks later they have determined that is not true. I had an MRI earlier this week and it showed that I have a bulging disc in my lower back that is pressing on the nerve... Something someone my age should not have. They have referred me to a Orthopedist to see what he can do to help me. My doctor does not think they will have to do surgery but is not sure what they will do. I'm hoping to get in to see the Orthopedist early next week. From the research I have done (which is not much) there is not a whole lot they can do for me...

It has been a roller coaster ride. Some days are better than others but mostly I'm just in pain. They have me on some pain killers but I pray that my life won't be lived on pain killers. I was talking to someone the other day about all of my ailments I've had over the past few years... when can a girl get a break?!?! For the most part I am doing really ok with this one though. I have not allowed my heart to go places it has been before with past things. One thing I am totally thankful for is a diagnosis! No more of this mystery sickness, where we're not sure what is wrong, you are having a 1 in a million reaction and you are a freak of nature stuff! So anyhow that is the story... life is getting back to normal for me. It's just more of a painful normal. I'm having a trial run a work on Monday to see if I am able to go back to work finally. Year 26 has been a rough year for me! Maybe now that it is almost over 27 will treat me better...

No comments: