Thursday, January 15, 2009

A new year!

2009 has been a crazy year and I am only 15 days into it! There were some really hard things that happened in the last days of 2008 and then some of my bad choices from the past came back to the surface. 2009 started with much hurt, and I've had to spend the last 15 days trying to figure out what I'm going to do with, how I'm going to respond. There have been so many times in my life when I have been the victim and I can either sit in that or I can trust God that things will be ok and continue with life. This is the path that I have chosen. It has been very sweet in the past few days to just sit with the Lord and hear His truth about who I am. I'm excited to see how He is going to use these hard things to His glory.

There have also been some changes in 2009, the major one being that I am now nannying for a family. It is a hard family situation but I'm so excited to be able to be a part of what God is doing in this family. There are 4 kids (ages 7, 10, 13, 15) and they live with their dad who is going through a divorce from his second wife. So these kids are going through their second divorce. I did not know this when I first started but was filled in before my first day. Anyhow I pick the 2 youngest up from school, help them with homework and then cook supper and do household chores. It actually has been a great set up for me. I feel as though I am able to use my gifts very well in this position. I'm glad that I am able to be a stable person in these kids lives. I'm glad that I am able to be able to talk through how they are cooping with the divorce. It's just been a great opportunity to serve!

As hard as 2009 has been so far I'm so excited about what the year holds. I'm excited about the newness of it all!

No comments: