Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crazy...

Well I am officially employed now! I am very excited to begin this new journey! It's been kinda strange to go from being an unpaid intern to the person in charge of a new program! I officially have people reporting to me! I have talked to so many people in the past few days talking about this program that I have designed It's so weird and I can say that it is something that I am very proud of! These next two weeks will be spent contacting people getting them excited to be a part of this program and then the classes will start the first week of June! To say the least I'm excited!

It is funny how some things that should be a big mile stone don't seem that exciting to me right now. In 3 day I will graduate with my Bachelor of Social Work degree, and yet it does not seem like that big of a deal to me. I'm not walking at graduation and I begin the Masters Program in 3 weeks from tomorrow. I think that once I graduate with my Masters in Social Work degree I will feel more accomplished! I should be done next August! That is the day I look forward to! Saying all of that it, is crazy that this milestone is here! I moved to Texas a little less than two years ago with the intention of getting my BSW in order to get my MSSW and now here I am with one goal accomplished! These past two years have FLOWN by!! It is crazy to think of all that has happened over the past two years, how much I have grown, and how much I gotten to know who I really am. I'm so thankful for the amazing opportunities I had over the past two years and am excited to see what the next year of schooling will bring!

1 comment:

EWH said...

Time does fly! You have worked very hard and I am super excited for your program.