Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The update

Ok so it has been super long since I've updated this and because of recent requests here I am. There has been SOOOO much that has changed since the last time I wrote on here so I will try to do a quick update and then tell about a new idea that I have had! So here is the update....

The biggest thing is that I am employed! God is so faithful and I am constantly in awe of this faithfulness! I started working for a mental health agency at the end of January. I work on a Mobile crisis outreach team and am always on the go. My team goes out to assess people who are in crisis to see what services are available to them. It has been great experience and I can honestly say that I love what I do. The hours can be long (especially now, which I'll get to in a minute), but I really do enjoy going to work. I love being to help clients get stabilized after being in a crisis. I love doing something in which I can use my gifts and talents and something that I believe that I am good at. I've been there for almost 6 months now and I truly love my job.

Second update is that in 156 days, 17 hours and 2 minutes I will be walking across that stage to pick up my MSW degree!! I don't know if you can tell but I am very ready for that day! I have enjoyed this school process and can not believe that the end is almost here! It seems like just yesterday I was a Panera with a great mentor who challenged me to go back to school, and now here I am. I am in my last class right now (literally I'm writing this in class...have I told you I'm ready to be done!). I am doing 500 hours at an internship and have to write my final paper in the fall. I am doing my intern hours at a inpatient psych hospital. I am currently working on the adult unit and will be in the adolescent unit in the fall. This is where the super busy schedule and long days come in. I work 12 hour days 6 days a week! That has been a great experience also. I am getting great training and my heart is being more formed into what I want to do when I'm done with school.

The next update is an addition to my life... Meet Daisy!

She is my sweet little dog I welcomed into my life in January and I love her so much! It has been super sweet to have a dog in my life again! She is so super sweet and I love her so much!

So that's basically the update, still single, still live alone, still in school (for another 156 days!), working now,loving my job, got a dog... There you go!

So now for my idea... I meet with two of my dear friends each week for accountability and this past week we spoke about living in the here and now rather than hoping for the future. We talked about our hope for the future was becoming an idol for us. We thought that one day to truly live in today would be to think of 5 things each day for things that we are thankful THAT DAY! So I am going to use my this blog as a record of that. I don't know if I'm going to be able to blog each day but I am hoping to share the five things I'm thankful with each of you as much as possible!

1 comment:

Les said...

I like the idea! I think that is something all of us need to do a little more of. I know that I spend too much of my time waiting, or hoping for something in the future. Of course, that could be because I live in Arkansas...

BTW- those are some BIG ears!!!