Friday, July 23, 2010

Undivided Devotion

So I have been praying for somewhat of a "jump start" with my walk with the Lord, and tonight I got just that. I just got home from day one of "Desperate for Jesus", a two day women's retreat at a local church. I have been looking forward to this for some time now because Beth Moore, a woman who has spoken so much truth into my life through her books and Bible studies, was one of two main speakers. Before Beth Moore they had breakout sessions and I went to the one for single women. All I can say is that God was moving in that room and really spoke to my heart! I wanted to share a little about what was shared tonight!

Jada Edwards, a women I had never heard of, was the speaker for the session. Let me tell you this woman was made for this! The seminar was called Undivided Devotion and she began by saying that if we give God our undivided devotion, He will move within us! She said that there are three things we need to do to get to this point.

1) Decide that we are exactly where God wants us to be! She used the term intentional contentment, CHOOSING to be ok right in this place God has us- I loved that!

2) Detach from the things of this world! During this point she talked about how we should not let things of this world control us when we have a God who is bigger than everything on this earth. When we detach from the things of this world we are making ourselves available to God and for Him to be the "I Am" in our lives! She made it clear that we are not to shut down the desires of our heart but to let God mold those desires.

3) Devotion- as a single woman our devotion should be undivided and God has us in this season for a reason. As a single woman this is the only time when God will be the only devotion. What is keeping us from giving God our undivided devotion.

She asked a question towards the end of the session that was so sweet, because it is the current theme of this blog. She asked "are you too consumed about what the future holds that you are missing what God has for you RIGHT NOW?

I think God is trying to tell me something!

No comments: