Sunday, December 2, 2012

Psalm 13

I just spent the evening listening to Shane & Shane along with Phil Wickham. I always love seeing Shane & Shane live because it is always such a moving show. Tonight was no different! They had only sung a few songs when the Spirit stirred in me and the tears began to fall... They  began to sing their song Psalm 13 and as I sang out with them, my God meet me where I was at.  The rest of the evening was spent in worship to my God, praising Him for who He is and where He has me.  I don't really know how to explain it but it was this crazy mixture of thankfulness and grief, contentment and loneliness, happiness and sorrow.  I have such a peace that I am exactly where I am suppose to be and yet life is so hard and lonely right now. 340 days ago I sat in my living room Christmas morning praying and pleading with God that I wouldn't have to spend one more holiday alone, and yet He continues to choose that for me. I could not have stated what my heart feels right now better than David did in Psalm 13 (and which Shane & Shane repened)...
Psalm 13

How long oh Lord will You forget me
How long oh Lord will You hide
Hide Your face from me
How long must I wrestle with me
and everyday have sorrow in my heart
sorrow in my heart

I will wait on You
I will wait on You
I will wait on You

Look on me Lord and answer me
Give my eyes light or I will sleep in death
I will sleep in death
My enemies say "I will overcome him"
and my foes rejoice even when I fall
I dont want to fall

For I will trust in Your unfailing love
My heart rejoices in Your salvation
I will sing to the Lord



No comments: