Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thankful for Today 12.4.12

It's been awhile but I've now got Internet at home and hope to continue this great tradition... It's always sweet to my heart to think through the times I am thankful each day! It allows me to live in the here and now and be able to focus on the good in each day! Hope you enjoy walking through my thankfulness with me in my blog!

1) Having a flexible schedule at work.  I ended up being out late last night on a crisis call and it was amazing to be able to sleep in a little bit and stroll into work around 9:30... And I had the flexibility to go to lunch when I needed to and also sneak away in the afternoon to meet up with an old friend! I love that my job allows for that type of flexibility and realize that is not normal.

2) For amazing co-workers, it so nice to be able to get along with those people I work alongside with.  I'm thankful for those co-workers who I can enjoy working with and who spur me on to be a better employee and a better person!

3) For amazing staff! I manager 41 staff and it's great how great they are.  I know that they are doing what they need to do and trust that they are representing my programs well! I am even more thankful for them as I spend more time on other units and see all of their drama.... Makes me thankful for my (mostly) drama free teams!

4) Reminders of God's sovereignty, grace and forgiveness! I meet up with an old friend today and it was so sweet to my heart to be reminded of those characteristics of God. I am thankful that God knows what I need better than I do and that He extends grace and forgiveness and allows me to extend those things to people in my life. 

5) My pups! You may or may not know that I got Daisy a friend! For the story of how she became a part of the family please go to my sweet friend Les' blog posting.  I love how well the girls get along and how they both like to cuddle as we go into the evening. 

1 comment:

Les said...

Glad you are back to blogging. I miss you when you are gone! I am thankful for you! I know Bella is too:-)