Monday, December 10, 2012

Thankful for Today 12.9.12

1) Weekends! It's so nice to have weekends off to do the things I need to do and to rest and relax. The work week always seems so long but the weekends are a breath of fresh air. 

2) For a sewing machine. I've been wanting to learn how to sew for years now but didn't really want to spend that much money on something I wasn't sure if I'd be good at. One of my staff came to work one day with his wife's old sewing machine and gave it to me as a gift! It's an old machine but does the job. I've been sewing many new things. I do think that I will be purchasing a new fancier one once I get the hang of this a little more.

3) Sunday afternoon naps! 

4) The Village Church. Around 6 months ago I made the official move and began going to The Village Church, a church I have loved since I've moved to Fort Worth but always felt so far away. It's about a 45 minute drive and I wanted to find somewhere in Fort Worth. So when I found out they opening a campus in Fort Worth I knew it was a good move.  I love the spirit of the church and its been a sweet transition. 

5) Being able to walk through life with dear friends even when they lives miles away. Do you have people in your life who just bring joy to your heart? Friends who you can share your life with and who will love you through all of it? I got to talk with one of my dearest and sweetest friends on Saturday and it was so good for my heart. We laughed, I cried and we just shared where God has us. She called because she has a big decision to make and wanted my thoughts and wisdom. How sweet it is to be able to walk with people through life!  

No comments: