Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Season

I feel like I'm in a season of regrowth and new beginnings. I'm in such an interesting place in life. I'll be 32 in three weeks. I never thought this is what life would look like at 32. I always pictured myself married with the beginnings of a family by this point. I sat back and watched this happen for the majority of my friends and have dreamt of the day I would be the one in the pretty white dress. That day has yet to come and about 3 months ago I did one of the hardest things I've ever had to do... I surrendered! I laid the desire of a husband, of a family, down at the foot of the cross. I spent the next month crying, as I mourned the loss of that desire, it was such a hard time and yet I had such comfort in knowing that I was being obedient to what Christ was asking me to do. In my obedience the pit of loneliness has been taken from my soul.  My eyes began to be opened to the renewed joy that was in my heart. For the first time since I can remember I was able to rejoice with friends in the news they were expecting. The twinge of bitterness never even showed his face! The hurt is being healed at the root and is sprouting new life within me. I long to see what will grow out of this season!

No comments: