Sunday, September 16, 2007

A good day...

So I must say that I had a good day yesterday. In fact I would say it was one of the best days I have had in a REALLY long time. It was so simple and yet so good! Let me relive it with you...

We (as in Holly, and I) woke up and jumped in bed with Theresa where we just chatted for awhile. Then we got up and I made pancakes for breakfast (who knew Biscuit pancakes were so much better than the just add water type?!?!) We then got dressed and went to the bookstore for Holly to get some stuff for her class and for Theresa and I to pick out a Bible study to start together. We decided on Beth Moore's A Woman's heart. As we were checking out I saw two more books that I had been wanting to get (What's so amazing about grace? and Velvet Elvis) and they were only $5 each so I grabbed them. Then we left and got in the car to drive 45 minutes west of Fort Worth to Lake Mineral Wells. As we drove we rolled down the windows and turned up the music and just enjoyed the beautiful weather.

At Mineral Wells we rented Kayaks and spent the next 3 1/2 hours on the lake enjoying God's beauty and each other's company. I LOVED those 3 1/2 hours! We had some fun adventures, ie me flipping the kayak and Theresa and I trying to swim in to shore to flip it back over and when that didn't work, hanging on to Holly's Kayak while she tried to pull both of us along with our kayaks to shore! Finally a nice fisherman came to help us. It caused LOTS of laughs. My favorite part of the day was the conservations we had. It was so good to just be still and catch up with dear friends. To hear how their hearts are doing and to share my heart with them. It was good to talk about what God is doing in our lives and what He is trying to teach us. What we are struggling with and how we can encourage one another in those struggles. It was so good and it reminded how much I value true friendship like that!

When we got home we cooked hot dogs out on my new grill and ate Holly's famous Guacamole. We then showered and went to my Starbucks. We chatted with my coworkers for awhile, got our drinks and I spent the next couple of hours journaling and reading. It was so good. We then headed home exhausted from a day in the sun. Holly went straight to bed while Theresa stayed up and read for while longer. We then prayed together and then went to bed.

I was just a good day... Good to spend time with dear friends... Good to be in the midst of God's beautiful creation... Good to feel in the presence of God... Good to spend time hearing from God through prayer... Good to feel loved and to be in fellowship! I hope that I have more of these days in the near future!

No comments: