Sunday, September 30, 2007

My weekly highlight and odd day

Wow it has been a bit of a crazy week! I do love my Sundays though! Sundays for me are a time to wind down, a time to rest, a time to nap, a time to be refreshed, a time to catch up with friends and a time to just enjoy. I have enjoyed doing all of those things today and it was a well needed refreshment after a bit of a crazy week.

Highlight of the week: Thursday! My roommates and I went over to our friends house to watch The Office. We don't have cable or any channels at all at our house so we decided that we will have weekly times over there. Anyhow we watched The Office and laughed a lot... but that was just the beginning. Afterwards we decided to play Girl Talk! Which if you don't know is basically a game of truth or dare straight out the 80's. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. From Arianne walking around the room holding her ankles clucking like a chicken to Holly calling a boy to tell him a bedtime story to Theresa's painted nails and many Zit stickers (which you get if you don't answer) to my many phone calls. We laughed so hard! I was such a good night, so much fun! We then put in a movie and fell asleep. It was like we were 13 again and having a sleep over. Which are always the best!

Most odd day: Friday. Let me tell you the reasons why...

1) Arianne played at Starbucks which was really good. She did an amazing job! She even made me cry a little, twice. She wrote this one song that I love and that is so true of my heart right now. You should go listen to it here It's called She said He said. It speaks my heart right now. So I cried a little (big surprise!), and that was a bit odd since there were a lot people I barely knew there and some of people I work with... so that was a little odd.
2) I saw an old friend at the show. He was a very good friend of mine while I lived at Heartlight and we have lost touch over the past year and half or so. He has been struggling through some things and has pulled away and yet even after two years apart it was so good to see him. It was so good to hug him, it felt so normal, so comfortable, and it made me realize how much I miss him. Odd how someone can be such a big part of your life and then not be and yet it feels so familiar after the time apart

3) We got a call about halfway through the show from Theresa. She was playing softball with the church we've been going to. She called to tell us that she broke her leg and the ambulance was on the way to take her to the hospital. We all rode together to the show and therefore couldn't leave until after the show. I hated the fact that I couldn't do anything. I know how sweet it is to have friends at the hospital with you and she was there with all these random people she just met. I so wanted to be there with her. After the show Sarah and I did go up there, I stayed a few hours and then had to go home. My heart aches knowing that she is in so much pain and just having to sit in bed for a week. Odd how similar Theresa and I with some things and how we understand each other in such a sweet way. Odd that in the past month 2 out of the 6 close friends here have been in the hospital...
4) I had a bit of an anxiety attack after coming home from the hospital. I think that everything just came up. My life, my stress etc... My medical bills started being processed this week and I'm really not excited to start getting the bills. So far the grand total is $38,820! Oh how I praise the Lord that I have insurance!!! I was up all night sick and having a bit of an anxiety attack (which has been happening more and more lately...) Odd how I can feel so out of control of my emotions...
So anyhow there are a few of the days of my week. Hopefully I'll have exciting things to report this week! I should begin volunteering this week but I don't know what my work schedule looks like yet. I will keep you updated

No comments: