Sunday, September 23, 2007

I've been tagged...

Seven Things I Plan (Desire) To Do Before I Die:
1. Travel overseas more! I've spent a summer in Brasil and L-O-V-E-D it! I plan on spending many more summers, spring break or whenever I have a break overseas. In fact I am praying about going to Thailand in the spring. My church (I'm excited that I can say those words!) is going over my spring break and I really want to go!
2. Hopefully get married. Although this is not in the in the foreseeable future I must confess this is a huge desire of my heart.
3. Have a house large enough that I can open it up to people that are struggling. I would love to take it teens who don't have anywhere else that they can go.
4. Finish my Masters in Social Work. I'm so excited to do what I desire to do (ie working with people and push them to a better place.) But I know that I must finish up with the schooling first. Weird to think that I almost be 30 before I finish...
5. Visit all 50 states. I'm over half way done but I haven't even ventured out to the west coast. Las Vegas is the furthest west I've been.
6. Love well! To have an influence in the lives of women as my mentors have had in my life. May I one day be a Jan Gregston or Sue Roise in someones life.
7. Have children. I don't know exactly what this will look like. I don't know if I will ever be able to have biological children for a few reasons... 1) refer back to question #2... First comes marriage, then come baby. 2) I have polycystic ovaries and therefore will have a hard time having children when that time comes (but I know God is way bigger than polyscystic ovaries and therefore and thing is possible!) But adaption can always be an option for me.

Seven Things I Can Do:
1. Journal with the best of them. I have been know to journal 38 pages in one day (Ahh post Heartlight days!)
2. Make a mean Caramel Macchiato. It's one of the perks on working st Starbucks.
3. Know things about people. I don't know why or how but I just have great intuition about people. I usually know when people are pregnant before they tell anyone. I was able to know when my girls were hiding something from me, and I often just know when something is going on with those close to me. I just know things... it's weird sometimes!
4. Perserve. If you know anything about me, you know that I have had some hard times and through all that I have learned how to perserve.
5. Buy/wear kids shoes. It's the perk of having tiny feet! I have been know to have pink light up barbie shoes (they were my fav!)
6. Cook. I do pride myself in being able to cook well. I really enjoy cooking for others and often don't get the chance. One of the things I look forwards to about having a family!
7. Crochet. I truly enjoy making and creating new things. It feels so good to complete something and see the finished product.

Seven Things I Can't Do:
1. Sing well. I enjoy to belt it out like the best of them... but you don't want to be around when I do because I am no good. I do have one friend who likes when I sing. In his words, "I love it when you sing because you are so bad and you know it, and yet you do it anyhow!" I wasn't really sure how to respond to that.
2. Take the antibiotic Cipro and not make a visit to the hospital.
3. Keep a plant alive. I do not have a green thumb. I kill everything green. I am working on this though. I bought a bamboo shoot and am hoping it makes it. I know that bamboo is almost impossible to kill... but I say almost cause I've done it in the past.
4. Understand why I'm the blacksheep of my family.
5. Be in the presence of tuna. The smell makes me sick. I just can't do it!
6. Wakeboard. I have tried and tried and tried and I just can't get up... it frustrates me SO much!
7. Live so far away from so many of the people I love and not miss them more and more everyday!

Seven Things That Attract Me to People:
1. Honesty
2. Love
3. Compassion
4. Sense of Humor
5. Realness
6. Joy
7. A good perfume or cologne :-)

Seven Things I Say Most: 1. I'm just a short kid
2. I love you!
3. Tricky... (Em are you still saying it?!?!)
4. Hi! Thanks for stopping at Starbucks, this is Jen, how are you doing today?
5. Can I interest you in a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
6. How was your day?
7. y'all

Seven Celebrity Crushes:
1. Matt Wertz (just to update ,I'm pretty sure he is going to propose when I go see his show on Oct. 12) Ahh.... if only dreams came true!
2. Matt Wertz
3. Matt Wertz
4. Matt Wertz
5. Matt Wertz
6. Matt Wertz
7. Matt Wertz

Seven People I am tagging:
1. Les (I''m with Emily on this one... so that she will start blogging)
2. Whoever
3. else
4. would
5. like
6. to!
7. Love ya!

No comments: