Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A few random thoughts...

So I have had lots on my mind as of lately and I'm home sick in bed today so I thought I would write them down...

First, what are the rules for liking someone that a friend of your likes? Say that person in question has never shown interest in said friend? I've seen this happen a few times in my life with people around me, but I just don't know what the rules are. Is he off limits? Or am I free to date said person if asked out? This is all hypothetical (but if you ask I'll tell you the details), and I just wanted to know what other peoples' thoughts are. So far I've gotten a wide range of opinions on this one!

I've decided to go home for Christmas (Em if you are reading this before I talk to you, I am coming!). I have gone back and forth on this, I didn't think I would have the money to go home, and then I decided to use my miles and the dates were blacked out. I tried to convince myself that I would be ok being here for Christmas but I just couldn't convince myself. I did not want to spend Christmas alone, so I decided I would do whatever it took to make it home. I ended up being able to use my miles and I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with people I love!

Thanksgiving is only 9 days away! This year I am going to be going with a friend of mine to deliver Thanksgiving dinners to needy families around the city. An organization here in town is making over 2000 dinners and then delivering them to people around the city. I'm excited to serve in this way on Thanksgiving! With not having any family here and no commitments I think this is a great way to serve others on this day!

After Thanksgiving I only have 1 week of school left! And then let the reading a relaxing begin. If you have any good books that you think I should read during this time let me know! So those are some of the crazy thoughts floating around in my head....

No comments: