Thursday, November 27, 2008

#27

Well this is Thanksgiving #27 for Me. I don't remember the early ones but over the past few years I really do try to sit back and think about what I am thankful for. Since this is my 27th year to give thanks I thought I would list my top 27 things I'm thankful for (they are in no particular order) So here is my list this year...

1. That I am healthy (no major doctor visit in 2008!)
2. My girls here in Texas (Arianne, Holly, Maranda, Sarah and Theresa) I don't know how I would be able to get through the day to day without them
3. My "sisters" (Em and Les) who truly have become the sisters I never had
4. The amazing women who became a part of my life in Mankato and continue to love me well (Namely Julie, Melissa, Natalie, and Rachel)
5. The amazing mentors I have had over the years (Jan and Sue)
6. My new small group friends!
7. My new friends from Church
8. The chance I had to go to Thailand twice this year!
9. A car that runs
10. The chance to go back to school
11. My relationship with my brother Marc
12. Down Comforters!
13. Heartlight and all the friends I came out of from there (Carrie, Dustin, Kacie, Matt, Sam, and my amazing roomies!)
14. Heartlight and the girls who I was allowed to walk through life with (Amanda, Christa, Denele, Janelle and Melissa!) O how I love and miss this girls!
15. Having a place to go "home" to for Christmas
16. My short time at Senator Kim Brimer's office
17. Mirage paper co. Jumbo Journals
18. Gas prices being $1.62
19. CUTE SHOES in size 5
20. 6 weeks of Christmas Break!
21. The guys in my life who have shown me what it looks like to be a man who follows after God's own heart (Bob, Joel, Joshua, Marti, Nick), these guys who have helped set the standard for me
22. Thai food!
23. Sonic Diet Coke with white coconut
24. My nanny
25. Music and my ipod!
26. Bath and Body Works lemon lip gloss
27. I left the thing I am most thankful for last.... My relationship with the Lord. He has saved me and continues to show me mercy and grace. I am so very thankful for that, without that relationship I would not have this list!

2 comments:

EWH said...

Happy Thanksgiving! How did delivering meals go?

Jen said...

It didn't go... my car broke down on the way there. By the time we got it running (I needed a new battery) I was in a really bad mood! It was a crazy day!