Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Highs and lows of '08

The other night I was out with 4 of the most amazing women I know.  It was a night to celebrate Sarah's birthday and it was a great night.  We got all dressed up, took pictures in front of the Christmas tree, went to supper at a cute little Italian restaurant, went The Nutcracker, and then back to Sarah's for homemade Oreo Cheesecake.  It was a fun night but honestly it was just good to be out with these women that I love.  During supper we went around and talked about the highs and lows of 2008, we realized one thing in the conservation and that was that 2008 was a good year!  None of us could really think of major low of the year.  For me this is significant coming out of 2007 which was full of lows for this girls.  

I thought I would share some of the highs of 2008 as the year is ending...
* I got to go to Thailand twice!  My life will forever be impacted by those trips, by the people that I met and the time I got to spend with the people I was traveling with!  
*Out of my trip to Thailand came one particular high, the beaches of Thailand.  I love a good beach and this was a GOOD ONE!
* My new small group!  I love these new women that the Lord has put into my life!  It has been so sweet to really get to know these girls and count them sweet friends!
* My oldest and best friend came to Texas in April.  It was so good to have her come and see that part of my life.  We did lots of fun Texas stuff and it was just fun to have her in my neck of the woods!
* Many of my friends got married this year and it was fun to celebrate with them.  I love how weddings bring friends together!
* I got to spend 3 months working in the Senator's office.  The high that came out of this time is meeting my supervisor, she is an amazing women and it was a privilege to work alongside her for that time!
* My roommates and all the sweet times I have had with them this past year.  These girls are there for me to laugh with, to cry with and just be still with.  I love that these girls know me and love me so well.  

So all in all 2008 was a good year and I'm excited to have an even better 2009!

No comments: