Monday, April 6, 2009

The big 2-8

I just re-read my blog from one year ago and remembered how hard my birthday was last year. I have to say this year was the opposite of that and I am so thankful! I had a great birthday and hopefully 28 will be good to me!

On Friday two of my dearest friends flew in for the weekend. Emily and Leslie are like sisters to me and it was so fun to have them here for the weekend. We spent Saturday at the Zoo and then we had a cook-out. It was fun to have a few of my friends gather and just spend time together! Then on Sunday(my birthday), I spent some time journaling in the morning and then we went to eat lunch and then to the Botanical Gardens and an art festival in Dallas. Leslie's flight got delayed so we had some extra time with her so we went and got Mexican. It was such a good day. It was so good to be with people I love on a day that is usually so hard for me. Thanks so very much Emily and Leslie for coming and making my birthday so special! Just spending time with you was the best present!

I'll try to upload pictures later!

Oh yeah and another update... I GOT THE GRANT!!!! My supervisor called me on Friday to tell me that not only did we get the grant but they like it so much they are DOUBLING our budget! My supervisor said they were very impressed by the program. It really makes all that hard work well worth it!!! It was such a good early birthday present!!

2 comments:

Les said...

Glad you had a good birthday this year! It was fun to get away from Little Rock and have some girl time!

Les said...

Um...you have missed a couple of Mondays......