Saturday, May 18, 2013

Thankful for Today 5.18.13

1) My dear friends Kati & Erin! It's crazy to think that it was almost 5 years ago that I met these two sweet girls at Panera.  I had just gotten back from Thailand and needed community in a bad way. I was invited to join their small group and met up with them and a few others that day at Panera. Only God would know that over the next few years we would grow to become dear friends! Our lives are all {a lot} more busy than they were 5 years ago but we make time to continue to walk through life with one another. Today we grabbed lunch and helped Kati with wedding registry stuff. It was so good! I just love those girls!

2) Sundress weather! It's so funny how with every season I look forward to the next! But right now I am so glad that it is Sundress weather! I love wearing skirts and dresses. If I could wear a sundress and sandals every day I would. I'm so glad the season is officially here! I'm sure I will shortly be longing for sweater weather but for now I'm thankful for the blazing hot sun!

3) Shoe designers who still make size 5 shoes! I don't know when the trend happened, if a study was done and people were found to have larger feet than in the past but I'm so thankful for those faithful designers who still make shoes in size 5. I really wear a size 4 but those are near impossible to find in Northern America. I have learned the tricks of wearing shoes a size too big for me but add an extra 1/2 size and I'm a loss cause. Most designers start makes shoes at size 6 and it makes my heart a little sad when I cannot find cute shoes. I was a Dillard's today and after a long search finally just said bring me out ANYTHING you have in a 5.  Ten minutes later the sales clerk returned with A pair of shoes, yes just one! So thank you Nine West, Jessica Simpson, and all the others who remember the small {footed} people!

4) Air conditioning! Today was in the 90's here in Texas, and I think the humidity was at like 352%! So maybe I'm exaggerating but seriously the humidity was crazy! My said sundress what sticking to my body, my hair laid limp on my head and I sweat in places I only knew sweat once I moved to Texas. Today such as these make me so thankful for air conditioning. I love that cold blast you get when you walk into a store after what seemed like a mile hike from your parking spot. I don't know how people did it before central air!

5) That I am part of the grand story of redemption seen in the Bible! I am so thankful that God is in the business of redemption and restoration! I have failed numerous times and yet God is restoring my relationship so that I can bask in His presence... I could not be thankful for anything more!

No comments: