Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 10.16.11

What an AMAZING weekend!  I have been able to spend the last two days with some people I absolutely love and adore.  I sat with one of those friends this evening and we laughed and cried as we talked about what God has done and continues to do in our lives.  We laughed at the fact that it is next to a miracle that we are still friends.  We have done things to one another in the journey of our friendship that has wounded the other to the depths of our beings.  And yet tonight I sat with her and we thanked God for the redemption that He has done in our lives separately and in our friendships.  We spoke this evening about how so often we are walking through life experiencing the same peaks and valleys and how God draws us near to one another in those times.  


Earlier today I stood around a kitchen island with three of my dear friends.  We talked about how when the four of us come together God moves!  We stood around that island, tears streaming down our cheeks because we are each struggling in our own way and yet God spoke to each of us individually and allowed us to walk though those things together.  We talked about how God was moving and how we have to choose to walk in that movement.  I love that these women KNOW me, they know my struggles and they know my heart and I know these things of them.  I love how God has called us to walk through life together!


This morning I sat on the bed, eyes closed, head bowed and crying out to the Lord with these same friends.  We had gotten less then 4 hours of sleep and were so tired, and yet it was so refreshing to sit at the feet of the Lord with these women petitioning for truth to surround our lives on this day and the days to come.  We sat there in our brokenness believing that God is our healer and redeemer.  We sat there and rejoiced about what God has done in our lives!


Last night myself and 6 dear friends attended a banquet for a ministry that has dramatically changed the lives of two of those friends.  It was amazing to hear story after story of how God was redeeming people for His glory.  It was so sweet for my heart to be surrounded by people at that table who love the Lord and out of that love, love me well.  It was amazing to be in a room filled with 450 people, most of whom knew the depths of struggle and who were broken at the feet of Jesus.  It was sweet to feel the love in that room!  We ended our night at an amazing venue in Dallas  The Library Bar.  There is an amazing woman who sings there and it was such an fun place (Dallas got a few more cool points in my book!)  It was so good to just be with these sweet friends of mine.  To laugh and to enjoy each others company!  It was such a good night!


I am SO thankful  for these 3 women in my life.  Two of them currently live in Oklahoma and tears were shed as I said good-bye to them today.  I love how God works in our lives and it was SO encouraging to spend time with these sweet women I call my sisters!  So today I am thankful for these women and the true and authentic friendships I have with each of them!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Beautifully written Jenly!! I love you so much. God's redemptive work is so beautiful and intricate in each of our lives. It was a very special weekend. I am so blessed by your friendship as we both learn to wal in vulnerability and grace. Praying for you beautiful friend.