Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 10.4.11

I think more than anything in the past couple of days I have really been reminded to truly be thankful for everyday.  The reality that we are not promised tomorrow has become very real to me.  These last few days have been hard, but in the midst of the hardness I have seen glimpses of how great God is. I know that God is sovereign and I praise Him for knowing those things I do not understand.  I will continue to be aware of those sweet gifts in my life I am thankful for...


1) A job that I love.  I am so blessed to have a job that I love.  I have transitioned into my new position and have enjoyed being a supervisor.  I hope that I am able to encourage and challenge my staff to be the best they can be.  I really enjoy being able to guide my staff and be able to assist them as they help people in crisis. 


2) Bubble Bath!  After a long day, there is nothing better to me than taking a hot bubble bath to relax


3) Restored friendships.  This week I have been very blessed by a friendship that I once thought would never be restored.  It's amazing how God can heal hearts.  I praise God for grace and forgiveness!


4) Colder weather!  I am so excited for fall!


5) TOMS.  I sprained my ankle a month ago and it is still not healed completely.  It hurts daily and I am not able to do much on it.  I attempted to wear heels last week and made it all the way to my car before having to change shoes.  I have been wearing my TOMS and am totally in love with them.  I think I may another pair (or two or three!)

No comments: