Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 10.23.11

*These will actually be the thankful for... the weekend!*


1) Camping!  This weekend I traveled up to Beaver's Bend State Park in Oklahoma with some dear friends.  We got into the park about 11:30 Friday night and set up camp.  I just love being out in the midst of creation.  I laid on my back that night after we said good night and I just stared at the stars through the top of the tent.  I laid there praying for the rest of the weekend!


2) God's beauty!  I was amazing over and over again on Saturday of God's beauty in His creation!  I woke up early and went on a walk with Theresa along the riverbed.  There was steam coming off of the water and the view was amazing! Later that day two of us went for a hike, we took our time and stopped at a few places to rest and enjoy the scene.  We finally stopped and laid on a rock overlooking the river.  We sat there for awhile, talking about what God was doing in our lives and enjoying the beauty!


3) Cabin's in Beaver's Bend! One of the friends I was with had family in the same area.  They had rented a cabin so we went and ate supper with them Saturday night.  It was so fun to meet this family!  I love meeting the families of my friends and being able to learn more about that friend.  It was fun to go there and ended up being such a blessing because of....


4) Thunder storms!  I love, love, love thunderstorms!  They are such a picture of who God is in my eyes.  They are so powerful and yet somehow calming.  We got news that a storm was about to come in and so my friend's sister graciously offered for us to stay at the cabin.  We went back and tore down camp and go back just as it started to rain.  We all put our sleeping bags out on the back patio and watched the storm for the next few hours.  It was the most amazing lighting storm and then the thunder rolled in and the skies opened and rain just poured down!  We all slept out there on that patio as the storm brewed around us.  It was such an AMAZING night! 


So again.... SO THANKFUL for the cabin and for my friend's sister who let us stay!  I don't think the tent would have survived!  


5) Family meals!  This morning I got up and made everyone breakfast.  I made french toast, bacon and eggs.  I love being able to cook for large groups of people and to be able to all sit down and eat together!  


6) AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING  friends!  It was so good to get away this weekend and spend time with good friends!  It was nice to be able to speak truth to one another and just have fun!  


I am thankful for another great weekend!  Here is a picture of us before the rain started!



No comments: