Thursday, July 24, 2008

Emotions....

I sit here in the office of Care Corner Orphanage with tears rolling down my face, there are so many emotions going through my mind right now. I'm listening to one of my favorite songs, You Said by Shane & Shane, a song that has always been precious to my heart. O, how I ask for the nations and here I am serving God in a Nation that need Jesus so much. Today we are preparing to leave to go to Mymnar. I can not express how excited I am to go and serve these people who have so little. To go and serve them in whatever ways we can. We are bringing nets, shoes for the 240 children at the school, 3 tons of rice, we are going to build a water tower,we are setting up a medical clinic, doing puppet shows for the children and just going to love and serve anyway we know how!

Last night was so sweet to my heart! I love how these sweet children worship here! I walked into the worship service last night and it just brought joy to my heart. These children were singing, their arms raised in worship, swaying back and forth and jumping around. They give a new meaning to dancing and singing to the Lord. It was so sweet to hear the music of familiar songs and to praise the Lord. Tears came to my eyes and I saw these children worshipping the same God that I worship in such a sweet way!

As excited as I am to be here, to have this opportunity to serve, my heart aches for things back home. I just received some very upsetting news about my brother and I my heart aches for him. I long to be able to tell him that I love him! I have been getting more and more homesick! I miss people, I miss being surrounded by people who speak my language, I miss people who know my heart, I miss being able to pick up the phone and hearing the sweet voices of my Friends, I miss Tuesday nights at OTB with the girls.

My mind has been very distracted by other things lately also, things I thought would not be an issue while over here. But I guess sometimes you cannot run from your thoughts. I have been praying that I would live in the here and the now and focus on what I am here for. The Lord is teaching so much and I don't want to take any of that away from Him because I am consumed with thoughts that I have no control over. So I guess I would love to ask that if you are the praying type that you would keep me in your prayers over this next week. Please pray that I would focus on the Lord, on what He is doing here. Also my back is not doing the greatest, in fact it has been hurting VERY bad lately. Please pray that I would begin to feel better!

I am so very excited to share even more about what God is doing here with you!

No comments: