Thursday, July 17, 2008

They are so strong!

So we have offically been at the Orphanage for 1 week now, and it seems as though I have spent my life here! These children have become such a part of my heart. I wake up exicted to see their smiling faces and joy overflows my heart as they grab me by the hand and lead me somewhere to play. Everyday here I realize how hard it is going to be to leave.

On Sunday at the church service they begun by praying for different people. Ladee (our sweet friend who translates for us) was telling us different people to pray for. One of these people was Jai. Jai is a young man who is staff at Care Corner Orphange. Jai grew up at the orphanage since he was a young boy. Now Jai's mom is sick and he has had to go take care of her. I was thinking about that and how hard that must be. To live your whole life feeling rejected by your family and then have to go back help them when they are in need. I think about my own situation and wonder how hard that must be. I don't know if I would be strong enough to do that.


Well anyhow... tomorrow we are going to a Cave and Hot Spring and then to get Thai massages! Ricky is taking us volunteers on a day trip before Holly leaves on Saturday. I'm so excited about that! Here are some of the sweet children I have come to love....
Pim
Net
Apple

No comments: