Thursday, July 10, 2008

Here at last...

Well we arrived safe and sound last night into Bangkok after a one hour plane ride (which was such a treat after the LONG travels we have been doing!) My dear friend Ladee pick us up from the airport and we got into the back of a truck that had been converted into a place to ride. On a funny note as soon as Ladee hugged me she said "What is wrong with your face?!?!" All of our faces are peeling and I'm sure it looks weird, I just loved the bluntness of it!

It was so good to travel through Chiang Mai and catch up with this dear friend of mine! We got back to the orphanage after all the children were asleep and headed to bed ourselves, we were exhusted! We woke up this morning to children play outside. We got up, went down stairs and I saw so many of the sweet faces that I fell in love with. My heart leaped with joy! The children are all at school right now and in about an hour we will be going over for our first day of teaching.

It has been so fun to be here with two of my roommates. To be able to experience this with them. I love traveling especially with sweet friends. So many memories and laughter comes from these experiences. It has been fun to see what each of us are experiencing through all of this also. Three different experiences, three diferent views. If you want to read some of thier blogs (Arianne has written very detailed ones if you want all the fun details of the trip) Go here for Arianne's and here for Holly's

No comments: