Wednesday, July 9, 2008

God's Beauty....

Well I have now been in the Land of Smiles (aka Thailand) for almost a week. I feel as though we have done so much and seen so much already. We got to our Hostel late on the 4th of July,where we spent the night in a cute little hostel. On Saturday we spent the day exploring the Bangkok (the HUGE outdoor market!) and then we boarded a train and headed south to the BEACH! The trip was LONG but it was well worth it! We spent 12 hours on a train (trying to sleep most of the time) and then we got on a bus for about another couple of hours then on a boat for the 4 hours trip to the island we were staying on! The beach was beyond words, I felt as though God was giving me a glimpse into Heaven. The next two days were spent laying out on the beach and at the pool. We ate Pad Thai and enjoyed cocktails on the beach. What more could a girl want?!?! It rained the last day we were there but we just went to a little bungalow and read our books as the storm was brewing all around us. It was a great little get-away!

Whenever I spend time in places as beautiful as this I become overhelmed by the beauty of the Lord. I am reminded that the Lord is so big and mighty and He is BEAUTIFUL! I pray that I will remember this truth as I go back to Fort Worth!

Tonight we are getting on a plane and flying to Chiang Mai! My heart is SO excited to be back at the orphanage. Don't get me wrong this girl LOVES the beach, but I have been longing to get to the orphanage and seeing the sweet faces of the children I feel in love with back in March! I pray that the Lord would use these next few weeks to teach me more about His beauty and His love.

I will be able to put pictures up shortly so be looking forward to that!

No comments: