Saturday, July 23, 2011

And breath....

These last two weeks have been so very busy!  I feel as though I have had little to no free time.  Today was the first time I got home from work while there was still day light out and it just seems as though time has once again slipped away from me. I spent some time tonight thinking about this time last summer and how crazy busy I was.  I was working 40+ hours a week, taking two classes and doing 23 hours a week at my internship... CRAZY!  As full as these last couple of weeks have been, it's been a good full, a good crazy.  I'm filling my time with things I enjoy and people I love.  I have worked almost a 100 hours in the last two weeks but I've also been able to so things that were fun (and some things that needed to be done) here is a recap of the last few weeks and a few of the highlights (and lowlights)....


* Spent time with sweet friends as we watched our beautiful friend Sarah try on wedding dresses for her big day on 11/11/11 followed by a day spent with those same sweet friends trying on bridesmaid dresses. Both dresses were found and purchased... you'll have to wait 3 1/2 months to see pictures though!
*I over 9 hours in the car with Sarah in one day as we made a day trip to Oklahoma to scout out potential wedding venues (which we were successful in finding!)
* I have spent some time at the pool with a new friend and her daughter.  I love new friends!  It's always fun to see who God brings into my life!
* Cried over not getting the job that I was so hopeful for
* Rejoiced when another position opened and I applied for it! Praying this is the reason the other ones did not work out.
* Did my laundry and realized that I have the same shirt in 16 different colors! It's the boyfriend pocket V-neck Tee from Target and I L-O-V-E them! Side note: I made a trip to target this evening to get some necessities (toilet paper if you must know) and saw that the new colors of the shirt are out.  There is a mustard yellow color that I loved.  I restrained, but I have a good feeling that I may soon have 17 (or 18 or 19) of the same shirt in different colors in the near future!
* I have stayed out way past my bedtime this week.  Last night Kati and I went to go see The Howell's (one of the bands that Kati's boyfriend is a member of) play at a bar nearby.  We stayed till the end (Again us roadies give up a lot for the band!).  Erin ended up joining us and it was such a fun time.  
* It has been record highs hot outside lately!  One of the many downsides to this fact is that it is so hot to let Daisy play outside for long.  She has been HYPER lately.  I took her outside tonight after dark and she ran and ran and ran!  I love summer but I am looking forward to Fall and cooler weather!
* Because I have been working crazy hours I don't get home in time to watch the all important TV shows.  I canceled my cable about 3 months ago because I rarely watched it and I figured I would save money BUT I forgot that So You Think You Can Dance comes on in the summer.  Well FOX has joined the bandwagon and started showing there shows online.  I love it, I can now catch up on SYTYCD and not miss the amazing routines!
* Many of my other hours have been spent browsing on my new favorite website www.Pinterest.com I have and will continue to spend hours on this site finding new things!
*Tonight I started a new Bible study.  I think I'm gonna like it... I can tell you more about it later....


So that's about it.... my life over the last couple of weeks.

No comments: