Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 7.7.11

1) My job.  Today I was thinking back on Fall two years ago when I was unemployed and didn't know what I was going to do.  I have been at my job for almost 18 months now and I know that for this season it is where I was suppose to be.  I really do enjoy what I do and when it is my time to go (which an insider tip told me may be sooner than later!!!!!!) I will be very sad.  I am so thankful that I continue to find favor wherever the Lord places me.

2) Mexican food!  Today for lunch we went to Uncle Julio's and it was so good!  SIDE NOTE:  I'm finding that I am often thankful for food on here!  What can I say?!?! Sometimes the meals are the most important part of my day!

3) Pandora Radio.  This has become my new favorite thing in the world.  Now that I have my own office, it can get so quiet!  I have become a big fan of pandora radio.  Last month I ran out of my free listening hours and had to pay but it was so worth it.  I thought the options they give are very fun though.  They say you can listen to 40 hours of music a month and after those 40 hours you can pay $1 to listen unlimited amounts of music for the rest of that month  OR you can pay $36 and listen to unlimited music all the time for a year. You do the math... I think I'll just pay the extra $1 each month I need more listening time!

4) Kate's Summer Mix!  My friend Kati, who now wants me to call her Kate (It's like in 4th grade when I started making everyone calling me Jen-I!) made me a mixed CD for the summer.  It has truly brought me joy whenever I am listening to it.  It has become  the soundtrack of Summer 2011

5) Being able to have time in the mornings to just sit (or lay in most cases) and just be still.  I love that with my job I don't typically need to rush to get to work at a certain time (because I will no doubt stay much past 5:00 as evidenced last night when when I rolled into my apt at 10:30).  I love that  I can just be still in the mornings, I can pray, I can journal, I can drink a cup of Chai  made with my Keurig (which I am LOVING), and I can just not be rushed.  It was been such a sweet blessing to start my days like this!

1 comment:

Les said...

I just love this idea, Jen. More people, myself included, should learn to appreciate small, everyday things the way you do. I always seem to be "waiting" for something...like Fridays. I need to be better about living in the moment and not taking "regular" days for granted. Thanks for sharing!