Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lazy weekend...

I have had such a lazy weekend and it has been great!  It has been 7 days since I've worked (I was sick Tuesday & Wednesday and I had already planned on taking Thursday and Friday off), I spent the majority of those days in bed or just not really feeling well.  On Thursday my friend Melissa and her husband Ben stopped off in Fort Worth on their cross country move.  Thursday we went to the Twins game and sadly the Rangers won.  On Friday we had a lazy morning reading and drank warm drinks and then headed out to lunch.  As they left I headed back to the bed to continue to rest!  Then I packed up and got ready for Girl-a-palooza.  Kati, Erin & I headed out the lake where we spent the day floating on our rafts, eating Mexican food, watching the fireworks and just talking girl talk.  We headed back to Kati's from there and watched the all time chick flick... Dirty Dancing!  It was such a good day!


On my way home on Saturday I stopped off at Half-Priced Books and picked up two new reads.  I spent the afternoon reading until a friend called and took me to supper.  After a great supper I came back and picked up the book. I was reading gods in Alabama It was one of those I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN type of books and it was 1:57am when I turned the last page! This morning I got a text from a friend asking to meet for breakfast which was great.  The rest of the day was spent in bed reading Between, Georgia, napping and just being lazy.  It's been a great weekend.  I'm excited to get back to work tomorrow and see what the week holds.  


I know that through this blog I try to remind myself to live in the here and now, but there are some things about the future that I have been praying a lot about lately.... The possibility of a job that allows me to have the months of June, July and August off, and really what this next year and years to come are going to look like as many of the people I love are moving away and life is changing.  I am also looking for and planning trips to see some of the people I love and miss the most (namely Em and Les).  I'm excited about what God is going to do in the months/years to come, but to be totally honest I'm kinda scared about all that I don't know...

No comments: