Saturday, July 2, 2011

The life of a roadie....

I am bypassing my Thankful for Today because the majority of the things on the list today happened all within the same context. So instead I am going to give you a glimpse into the life of a roadie!

My dear friend Kati has a boyfriend.... and her boyfriend plays in a band (well really multiple bands, but that's beside the point!) In the last three days I have seen him play twice! Apparently that makes me a roadie! It has been super fun, but tonight was just simply a great night.

Kati and I trekked over to Dallas this evening and met up with The Band at Lockharts (an amazing BBQ joint I might add!). We found the prime table and took our seats waiting for the show to start. Behind us we hear "Are you wearing a Yankee shirt?" (a older man had just walked in wearing jeans, a Yankees t-shirt and suspenders) "What are you wearing? Can you believe what he is wearing" and then in a softer tone..."Are ya'll with the band?" and we turned around (first mistake...) we answered "Yes we are!" (engaging in conservation, mistake #2...), We have now instantly made a new "friend" for the night with the women behind us. We find out that she is from Fort Worth and at this point I am positive she is a client at where I work...She wants to know if the band is any good... Which the answer to that is Yes! She then disappears for a bit and the bartender comes over to drop off two CANS of Lonestar beer. We politely say they must be for another table and the bartender says no the lady behind you bought them for you. Neither of us really drink beer so we tell them no thanks!

Well anyhow the show was amazing! Our friend continued to heckle the band and making song requests that they did not know and got upset when they wouldn't play the Winnie the Pooh song. While Kati and I stood in line to order our food (did I mention the food was amazing?!?) she said that it was great that we were roadies for the band but it must be hard because as roadies we must really sacrifice lot for the band!

The night all in all was great! Great friends (Theresa and Jason joined us which was super great!), great food, great music and great entertainment! I am just thankful for great nights such as this one!

No comments: