Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 7.9.11

1) Being able to spend the last two days with the beautiful bride-to-be Sarah!  We shopped till we dropped and had a great time along the way.  Sarah purchased her wedding dress and we got our bridesmaid dresses!  It was a very productive and successful couple of days.  But above that it was so sweet to just spend time with Sarah and the other maidens!  


2) My Iphone!  I do believe I (along with all my friends) would be lost without my Iphone.  Those who know me, know that I am a researcher (I think it's the social worker in me), I can usually find out information about whatever you are looking for.  Over the past couple of days I think we would have been lost without my Iphone and the power that it holds :-) But in all honesty I don't know how I functioned before the Iphone.  I know I did just fine, but I can't imagine my life without it now.


3) Bath and Body Works Aroma therapy Stress relief line.  Yesterday after a long day of shopping I took a hot bath infused with stress relief bath salts.  It was so nice! 


4) What has now become my Saturday night tradition of going to Roots.  I love being able to lounge in one of the brown leather chairs and read, journal or just sit and people watch.  I love that the barista (whom I secretly want to be BFF with) knows what I want even before I begin to order.  I love seeing so many different people form different walks of life come and go and I love (usually) listening to the live music they have on Saturday nights.  I really look forward to my time at Roots on Saturday nights!


5) My journal.... I really don't know what my life would be like if I couldn't journal.  This is such a sweet thing for me.  I can sit down armed with my journal and a pen and it's as though the world stops to allow me to write down bits and pieces of my life.  I love how my pen takes control and sometimes I didn't even know that I was feeling a certain way until my pen scrolls it across the paper.  I love how freeing and healing journaling can be for me.  And I love having a record to go back and see where I was at, where I am, what I have learned and what I continue to stumble and struggle with.  My closet is lined with these spiral bound books that spell out the life and stories of Jen's Journeys....

No comments: