Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 7.2.11


1) Being able to sleep in! I woke up at 7:30 this morning and took Daisy out and then jumped back into bed and didn't get out of bed till 11:47 when I put on my swimsuit and headed to the pool... Oh how I love Saturdays!

2) Floaties! Kati and I spent hours laying on our floaties in the pool soaking in the sun today. I love the pool but it is so HOT that I can only lay out for about 2.5 minutes before I need to get into the water! With my floatie I am constantly in the water, but slightly above the water also! It is the most amazing thing! You can lay out and never get too hot because you are in the water! It was great!
3) A good hat! Sometimes the hair is out of control and I just don't want to deal with it and need a good cover up... today I found a great one while out shopping!

4) Cute shoes in a size 5! Ok I think it is physically impossible for me to not buy a cute pair of shoes if they come in a size five. I saw these ones today and they caught my eye cause they were so small I was hoping to see the sweet # 5 on the bottom... and I did! I slipped them onto my feet and they fit amazingly! I stood there debating with myself if I really needed them and if I could afford them. I decided to put them down and walk away fast. I didn't get very far though... it was as though there was some magical force that was pulling me back to that store. I decided I would eat bread and water for the next week and purchased the shoes! Aren't they cute?!?!

5) The sweet (and yet totally crazy at times) story that the Lord has given me. I spent a large part of the day with my friend Kati. We spent hours on our floaties and then met up at Roots (It's becoming my Saturday night tradition!). Throughout the day I found myself telling Kati stories about my life that she did not know... That I dated Al Capone's great nephew, that I was poisoned in college, that size 5 shoes have a special power over me and so much more. I was reminded today of how much God has done in my life and how many crazy stories I have. I truly think I should write a book. I love how God continues to write my story!


No comments: