Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 7.26.11

1) Emily Waterston Heinis!  Today she joined us in the 30's club.  It's been a fun club to be a part of so far.  Emily and I have been friends for 25 years!  We played softball together as little kids.  We have lots of fun memories of times spent by the lake and our crazy antics as 10 year old girls.  Over there years we have stayed close friends and she has become more of a sister to me.  This year she had a cute little baby girl who will one day call me Aunt Jen.  I am so thankful for this sweet friendship!  I love you Em!


2) Having the ability to stay home from work and still get paid.  I woke up this morning and it felt as though I had been hit by a MAC truck, granted I have never really been hit by a MAC truck, but I am guessing that it would feel much like how I was feeling this morning.  My whole body just was achy and I had a pretty high fever. It felt as though I was going to fall apart, every movement I made cause me great pain... So I stayed home, stayed in bed most of the day and will hopefully wake up renewed tomorrow (I find this unlikely to happen since it's 11:12 pm and I still feel like poo)


3) Orange Juice.  When I was growing up my dad did not believe in taking medicine and therefore my brother and I never took any medicine.  I mean we got our shots as needed but when we got a cold or the flu he would not give us medicine, instead he would buy us some orange juice and tell us that would make us feel better. It always seemed to work... so this morning  what did I do?  I went and bought some Orange Juice!  And in the moment it really did make me feel better!  I have come to really appreciate how much vitamin C (and other vitamins) can make me feel so much better.  So today I am thankful for orange juice, even though I am not totally better, I will credit it for helping me get back to being 100%


4) The Internet!  Today between my numerous naps I had to fill the time somehow.  Remember how I said it hurt to move, well I tried to do as little as possible of that.  The Internet allowed me to continue to lay in bed, not move very much and still be entertained for hours.  I browsed though numerous websites, caught up on everyone lives via Facebook, looked up airfare for (near) future trip and even ordered Rangers Twins tickets for this Thursday night's game (more about that to come!).  The Internet has allowed me to stay connected to the world when it hurts too bad 


5) Yahweh (Self-Existent One), Elohim (Mighty, Strong, Prominent One), Adonai (Master)  and Rishon Va-Acharon (The First and the Last)!  I told you that I started a new Bible study Know God by Name, well these were the first 4 names I have learned about.  It has been such a good study so far.  I love learning more about God and what the Bible says about who He is.  It's amazing to look at all the different names He has and how they all mean something.  I am so thankful for Kati and Erin who continue to walk through life with me and am thankful that we can jump into this study together.  My goal is to never fall behind.  There is 7 weeks in the study and each week is broken up into 5 days.  My goal is to get all five done within the week and never to have to do more then one session in a day.  If I am able to do this, it will be a first....


1 comment:

EWH said...

Thanks, friend! Hope you can make a visit soon :-)