Friday, June 10, 2011

7 1/2 months later...

I was reading a friends blog the other day and I realized how much I miss writing on my blog. So I've decided to try this again! So here goes the reader's digest condesnsed version of the last 7 1/2 months....

I graduated in December with my Master's of Social Work degree, in February I passed my licensure test and offically am a Licensed Master of Social Worker. Somewhere in there I got promoted to Team Lead at work and have been enjoying the new responsibility of work.

The last 7 1/2 months have been filled with weddings, trips, laughter, tears, amazing moments and some of the hardest days I've endured in a long time. I've been stretched and challeneged and have learned so much. The last two weeks have been very sweet for me! I've been able to look back over the past few months and truly see God working in some pretty amazing ways. I have seen how God has protected me and how He truly is soverign! Last week I started Women in the Word at my church. For 6 weeks we will be diving into the book of James! What a sweet book to go through coming out of a time in life that was possibly one of the hardest trials I've experienced in a long time. I'm so excited about all that God is teaching me right now!

I really thought that once I was done with school I would have so much more time.... but it has not worked out that way! I still feel as I am as busy as ever! But I do love summer in Texas! I'm excited about the days by the pool, the annual trip to Sugarland with Kati, Erin and Batey, watching the fireworks in Grapevine sitting by the lake, Rangers games, and just time with friends! I do pray that this is the last summer that I will have to work during the months of June, July and August (more on that in a future post!). But I will enjoy all that I can during this summer!

It's good to be back in the blogging world and I'm sure you will hear more from me soon!

1 comment:

Les said...

Yay Jen! Welcome back!