Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful for TODAY 6.16.11


1) Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion.... it is pretty dramatic the difference it makes in moisturizing my face! That combined with Clinque Turnaround lotion is like a miracle sent from heaven! Remember the great day at the lake on Sunday? Well my face does and it wanted to remind me this morning with dry flaky, skin. It's like my face wants to peel but not quite. So I lathered on the Clinque products and went on with my day with smooth, glowing skin :-)

2) Being able to take a long lunch to go get my nails done! It seems that every time I enter into a Nail Salon I cannot help but think of the Anjelah Johnson skit about nails (If you have not seen it, watch it! But beware you may never be able to go to a nail salon without laughing again!). I felt like I was in that skit today but I couldn't say "no". I got a mani, pedi AND a design on my toes! All in Elephantastic Pink! The final product (and my teal strapped Ssekos!)
3) Panera! I have not been in so long, but every time I go I remember how much I love it. Today I got it to go and ate it in front of my computer at work (since I spent my lunch hour getting my nails done), my staff kept coming into my office to ask me questions... did I stop eating? No! I could not put down my Italian Combo on an Asiago bagel! Was it rude... maybe? But it was SO good!

4) The frozen yogurt fade. I don't know if they have these everywhere but in Fort Worth this trend has spread like Hot Cross Buns! If you don't know what I am talking about picture this... You walk in to a little store and they have multiple frozen yogurt machines (you know like the ones they had at Sizzler or a similar buffet restaurant when you were a kid) and these machines are filled with delicious flavors such as Cinnamon Graham Cracker, Coconut Cream, Peanut Butter, Cheesecake, Chocolate Devil's food cake and so much more....it's hard to pick just one! But the great part is... you don't have to. You can try each one if you would like then you grab a bowl and fill it with as much or as little of the flavors you would like then you proceed to the toppings! They have all the topping you could imagine! Fresh fruit, candy bars, gummy bears (my favorite!), sprinkles, yogurt chips etc etc and then they have syrups to top it off. Once you have it all made you put it on a scale and you pay per ounce. It is amazing! Last night my creation was... Coconut Cream and Chocolate mint topped with gummy bears, yogurt chips and crushed oreos! It was GREAT!

5) My bed! Today has been a LONG day! I got to the office at about 7:30am and didn't leave till 6:30, then I went to Women in the Word from 7:00 - 8:30 and then headed home. The first thing I did was brush my teeth, change out of my work clothes and jump into bed. That is where I currently am posting this from. I love my bed, it is so comfortable! I get comfortable under my down comforter (yes it is summer and 100 outside and I still sleep with a down comforter... it provides...comfort!). Daisy burrows her way under the covers and snuggles up to my leg and I continue to do what I need to do (post my blog, read a book or watch a movie). My bed has become my favorite place in my apt. I am thankful that after a long day I can come home to something so comfortable and begin to relax!



No comments: