Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's next?

I was reminded tonight that this Friday will mark the 6 month anniversary of my graduating with my masters degree. That time has flown by, it seems like just last week I was walking across that stage trying to hold back the tears from flowing down my cheeks. I had lunch with an old classmate today and we talked about how it is almost a grieving process graduating from school and saying good-bye to that stage of life. So now here I am 6 months later, in a job I love and with all this extra time on my hands.... so what's next?

That's the question that has been resounding in my heart this week... What's next? Where do I go from here? I spent so many years trying to get to this point, now I'm here... so what's next? If you know me at all I would hope that you would know that it is my desire to love people well and my passion to work with younger women and show them love. This is what has been on my heart lately... walking alongside younger women and mentoring them and just living life with them. That is what my heart longs for... but what does that look like? I have been thinking about this and praying through it for the last few weeks and I honestly don't know what that looks like right now! But I'm trusting that I will know when I see it. I was browsing the Internet the other day and came across a blog on this very topic and was very challenged by it. The author asked a couple questions that really have challenged me, she wrote...
Let me ask you a few questions:

*Are you pursuing the relationships God brings across your path?
*Are you asking the Lord for courage to share your life with other women?


*When the Lord presents you with an opportunity, are you willing to say yes?


*Are you praying about how Titus 2 relationships can occur in this season of life? (James 4:2)
*Are you realizing that others’ questions are your Titus 2 moments, wrapped in their confusion and need?


*All of us are to be connected to women ahead of us and to encourage women behind us. It’s God’s plan, and it works.*

So my prayer is that I would continue to ask myself these questions and really open my eyes to see the women that God wants me to pour my life into and walk through life with. I am super excited about this stage in life and am excited to see what's next....

No comments: